Stir-fried Squid with Green Onion [BBQ Sauce Surprise]

Seafood_IkaNegi 

I love squid, in any kind of cooking except sashimi T said it is because I have not tried the best squid sashimi that is still moving and opaque in colour when it is served. 90% of my experiences with ika (squid in Japanese) sashimi so far was like chewing gum and became gooey when as I chewed. So, I do prefer the cooked version. 
 
Squid in Japan is relatively cheap, the price is between 100-200yen per squid. Oh yes, some seafood in Japan is sold by piece not by kilogram (eg: large prawns, fish, crab, squid, scallop, etc). For this plate, I used one squid plus a large green onion, and simple seasoning - BBQ sauce! I was trying to bottom up the BBQ sauce actually, but it turned out really delicious and mil liked it a lot too.    

 Seafood_IkaNegi_1 

Ingredients:
  • 1 large squid (about 150g), clean and cut into bite size
  • 1 large green onion, cut diagonally
  • 1 tsp cooking oil
  • 2-3 tbsp BBQ sauce (Yakiniku no tare, Ebara brand I used)
  • 1 tbsp cooking sake

Method:
  1. Heat a frying-pan (aka non-stick pan) or wok, add in oil stir-fry green onion for 1-2 minutes, with high heat.
  2. Add in squid, stir-fry until squid curled up. 
  3. Add in BBQ sauce and sake, cook until sauce almost evaporated.
  4. Turn the heat off. Transfer squid to serving plate, serve warm with steamed rice (optional).
*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Okay, now is something for eyes only. When I am not cooking, I like to play with needles, thread and fabric. This hexagon patchwork handbag is my first piece of patchwork, made with Japanese cotton.

Hexagon Motif Bag with Japanese Fabric

Comments

  1. wao.... love the simple stir fry squid and the patches bag. lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)