This year, MK did not do any posting about CNY at all. T asked why not celebrate it? Really, no mood to celebrate CNY "alone" at all over here. Yes, food I can prepare but all other CNY factors, both human and non human factors, will be missing. Lazy me?
Well, nothing about CNY to share with you guys but a pasta-salad recipe I prepared for Y3K Recipes last year. This is a really outdated post, perhaps some of you may have already read about it. Yes, in Y3K Recipes issue no. 66 I shared 4 salad recipes, including Soba-Vegies Salad with syoyu-sesame dressing posted on my blog. Those are similar to salad sold in supermarkets and convenient stores in Japan. Think of side dish, light lunch, or party food? Think of this.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 80 g short pasta (eg. penne, fusilli)
- 1/4 onion, slice thinly
- 1/4 kyuri, slice thinly
- 4-6 crab sticks, cut into chunks
- 4 medium size prawn, peel and boil
- 2-hard boiled eggs, cunt into halves or wedges
- Some furikake (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the direction on the packaging, drain well and allow to cooling down.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta and dressing, stir to mix. Then add in onion and kyuri, mix well. Keep in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Divide and transfer pasta salad onto 4 serving bowls, arrange crab stick, prawn and egg over the top. Sprinkle furikake over the top and serve immediately.