Ingredients (5" x 8" loaf pan):
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp instant coffee (I used Moccona's Temptation)
¼ cup sugar
½ cup hot water
¼ cup evaporated/fresh milk
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the loaf pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Chocolate Paste: Combine cocoa powder, instant coffee, sugar, hot water and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture until the sugar is melted, then add in milk and mix well. Set aside for later use.
- Sift together flour with baking powder for 2-3 times. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter together with sugar until creamy. Add in vanilla essence, and eggs one at a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour in batches, alternate with chocolate paste. Start with flour and end with flour.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.