Uramaki-zushi [Sushi Rice Dressing Recipe]

Maki-zushi

Uramaki-zushi (裏巻 / inside-out sushi roll - this is also weekend cooking for Tak, I'm still on diet. I did steal one piece though... at the back is yuba (dried bean curd sheet) parcels. The idea of yuba parcels was from Iron Chef French if I remember correctly. Yuba wrapped with scallop mixture and then pan-fried until crispy. To me, there is still room for improvement so I would not post the recipe here today. As for the sushi, I just want to share the sushi dressing, which can be kept in the fridge (air-tight jar) for a long period. According to the Practical Japanese Cooking cookbook, the dressing aged 2-3 weeks is the best. FYI, 160ml sushi dressing is good for 2½ cups uncooked short-grain rice.
Ingredients:
  • 120ml rice vinegar
  • 5½ tbsp sugar
  • 1½ tsp salt
  • 1" length konbu (kelp)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil on high heat. When the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water to force-cool the dressing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)