Spiral Curry Puff [Karipap Pusing]

Spiral Curry Puff

I got this recipe from My Resipi was thinking to make some and keep them in the freezer for tomorrow's breakfast but I could not wait any longer once I made them. It is so good that we ate them for dinner instead of the dishes I cooked. I am determine to make this again and again maybe, until I satisfy with the swirl pattern on the crust.

The process of making this puff is actually easier than what I thought. It is similar to making the puff pastry for Portuguese egg tart. I have some leftover dough in the fridge, will use it for my Portuguese egg tart experiment tomorrow.

Ingredients (32 pcs):
>>Oil Dough<<

150gm All Purpose Flour
40gm Butter
35gm Shortening
>>Water Dough<<

350gm All Purpose Flour
1 cup Water
1/2 tsp Salt
13 Jan 2007
Made puff again few days ago with tom yam flavoured tuna filling, managed to took some photos for the step-by-step direction. Lets start making puff... photos say it all....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Spiral Curry Puff

Here I share with you a clip on how to pleat a curry puff found on youtube, tested and result is in the photos above.

Comments :

6 comments to “Spiral Curry Puff [Karipap Pusing]”
Anonymous said...
on 

Your pics IMPROVED.. heheeh baaagusssss! i loike! ..

helli said...
on 

come visit my FP, i hv one entry featuring how to make nice swirls of that karipap pusing. i gerenti wif that recipe, sure jadi ;-)
http://yt5486.fotopages.com/?entry=909659

Lydia Teh said...
on 

hi helli... thanks for that, but I have made some nice puff with the recipe from myresipi. Will update my blog.

HK Choo said...
on 

Thanks for the pictorial guide, hope I can find the time to attempt this. Will update you if it materialises *smile*

Yenny Suardy said...
on 

Thank you so much for your crispy curry puff recipe. I made it 2 days ago, it turned out nice as I expected.

Lydia said...
on 

Hi Yenny,

Thanks for dropped by and glad that your curry puff turned out great.

cheers,
Lydia

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 

Please Ask First

© 2005 - 2014 by Lydia Teh My Kitchen All Rights Reserved Do NOT republish any or part of contents and photographs without prior written consent from My Kitchen. E-mail: lydia_teh[at]yahoo[dot]com

Free subscription to MK, enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner